Register today for the entire 12-Course recorded webinar series with Jake Fratkin, OMD, L.Ac and receive:
- 48 CEUs upon completion of the entire series NCCAOM and CAB Approved
- Individual Classes available (4 CEUs for $100 each) Select from Course Schedule below.
- Be sure to click Enroll Me at the top of the page to get the reduced rate
- After you have completed each module, you will be able to download your CEU certificate for that module (even if you have purchased the complete series).
Pacific Center for Lifelong Learning: CEP 100
CAB Category 1
Do you want to gain confidence in treating modern illnesses?
Modern diseases have been rising sharply in the past 40 years. The sudden and widespread appearance of these illnesses can be attributed to the environmental toxins that your patients are exposed to on a daily basis. These toxins have created burdens on the human body that put demands beyond our evolutionary development.
Functional Medicine looks at a group of modern illnesses through the lens of physiology and etiology. It has developed its own group of lab tests (blood, stool, urine, saliva) to confirm diagnosis, and relies on nutritional and Western herbal medicines for its therapy. These illnesses are considered modern because of their sudden and widespread appearance, and their lack of historic antecedents. Causative agents are also modern: environmental toxins, diet and lifestyle, and overuse of pharmaceuticals, particularly antibiotics and steroids. These illnesses are not discussed in the classical literature of Traditional Chinese Medicine, although they are beginning to be discussed in China in more modern texts. The purpose of the series is to familiarize practitioners of TCM with the contributions of Functional Medicine, especially as they relate to clinical practice. More importantly, the application of traditional and modern Chinese herbal medicine will be taught, which contributes to a unique line of therapy to the emerging field of Functional Medicine.
In taking this series, you will have the opportunity to:
- Examine 12 modern illnesses that can be successfully treated with Functional Medicine and TCM
- Explore the physiology, etiology, and relevant diagnostic lab tests of each illness
- Analyze the illness from a TCM perspective
- Discuss relevant applications of traditional and modern formulas as well as unique prescriptions used for therapeutic purposes
The Integrating Functional Medicine with TCM series includes an introduction to Jake's approach to the subject followed by a series of 11 courses that are organized by different modern illnesses that can be treated through the integration of Functional Medicine with TCM.
Each course is CAB and NCCAOM approved for 4 CEU/PDAs.
Each class is also sold individually. However, the courses build upon each other, so they should be taken in order after completing the intro course.
If you purchase one or more courses individually before signing up for the whole series, you will be given credit toward the purchase of the series.